samedi 26 janvier 2013

Let's mosie (mosey? Oh god no the parentheticals have already started save yourselves before you get caught in a blog title factory it is just the worst)

Aherm. Title aside (because that shit's paratext or some business) (and Wikipedia's my hypotext for this) (Oh, what's that? Rob actually took a literature course that wasn't in French? And he remembers things from it? ALL IS LOST. CALL DETECTIVE HEART OF AMERICA.)
https://i1.ytimg.com/vi/TI5SAZhxCZ8/mqdefault.jpg
He's saving the day.
And of course, talking about paratext got me all a-thinkin' about business relating to the nature of discourse and the various forms therein. I would have used clearer terms, but, see, I didn't remember any of the terms until a few minutes ago, and I figured I'd share the vagaries. Yep. I just misused that word. And for that, I apologize.
File:Mikhail bakhtin.jpg
It was Bakhtinian discourse of which I was thinking. What with the skaz and such. And the fact that he looks like the Scottish geologist or whatever from Prometheus. You know, the one who didn't say, "HEY, IT'S A SNAKE-LIKE THING. LET ME TAUNT IT." We hardly knew ye.

And then Rob decided to look at old blog posts. It's impressive how little he remembers from some of them. Whatever could be the cause of-
Oh.


Still, impressive. Meanwhile, I'm going to have another sip of bourbon. Delicious. Not the best ever. Not the bourbon I need, but maybe, just maybe, the bourbon I deserve
Watkins Select: The Batman of Bourbon.
 I just saw a penny on my desk move. I... well, I won't talk about what that might mean for me, but I will say that it starts with an X and ends with a Man.

Except... crap. No. Wait. Okay. Yes. There is at least one X-Man who is telekinetic. Most of the rest are X-Women. Buxom X-women in tight spandex. I mean, I guess if you're telekinetic, it doesn't ride up or otherwise get uncomfortable? Maybe?
I like to think that I'll have more pouches. He doesn't look quite prepared enough in the pouch department.
And like that, we've gone from literary theory to comic books. That's a good blog post by any standards, right?

I'm going to hope so, because I'm out.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire